Publisher:Saunders | 512 Pages | PDF | October 2, 2007 | ISBN: 1416045708 | 74 MB |
* Clinical Overview section uses an atlas-style format, with one page showing clinical photos of a condition and the facing page listing central features, causes, and significance - making it easy to locate key information on each condition.
* Organization by clinical appearance matches what you would expect to see upon a patient's presentation, and relates conditions to possible causes, making the book a useful tool for development of differential diagnoses and subsequent treatment planning.
* Hundreds of clinical photographs and radiographs depict key features of specific conditions for easier identification in real clinical scenarios.
* Photomicrographs help you identify pathologic elements and provide correct diagnoses and treatment plans for patients.
* Chapter outlines survey the topics in each chapter and make it easy to locate specific content.
* Boxes and tables offer clear, at-a-glance information on clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment for many conditions.
* Bibliography in every chapter lists updated articles and texts, organized by diseases, providing opportunities for in-depth reading and research.
* Well-known, respected contributors are added for a broader scope of knowledge.
* Updated companion CD-ROM includes:
o 30 case studies with hundreds of clinical photos, radiographs, and photomicrographs.
o 680 practice questions offering thorough preparation for the NBDE.
o Immediate answers for self-assessment and to guide further study.
o Case-based learning to prepare you for properly following the diagnostic and treatment process in clinical situations.
* Integrates current imaging technology and diagnostic techniques with coverage of conditions, providing a thorough overview of the treatment continuum.
* Adds Evolve resources with web-based course content to reinforce and expand on the book's oral pathology concepts.
* For the student:
o 17 interactive learning modules guide students through a complete case, from initial presentation to treatment outcomes, with self-assessments at the end of each module.
o Web links list related pathology resources for further research.
* For the instructor:
o A test bank includes over 300 questions in NBDE format that instructors may use for in-class quizzes or final exams.
o Electronic image collection is downloadable and contains:
+ All images from the book
+ All images from the 30 case studies on CD
+ All images from the interactive learning modules